Texas Free Legal Forms, Law, Pro Bono Help Finder, and Resources

Other Family or Juvenile Issues

Legal Resources

  • Authorization Agreeement - Appoint a Caregiver for Your Child PDF

    As required by Senate Bill 1598, 81 Regular Session, DFPS developed The Authorization Agreement for Non Parent Relative, Form 2638. The form is not a Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) form, and is intended for use by parents and certain relatives in order to permit relatives to take specified actions and obtain services on behalf of a child. DFPS cannot provide legal advice to members of the public regarding the use of this form. Should you have questions about how to use this form, DFPS encourages you to consult with a lawyer whose practice includes family law and custody issues. For more information on how to locate a lawyer, visit the State Bar of Texas lawyer referral website at: http://texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_ Content Detail

    Department of Family and Protective Services
  • Child's Name Change and Instructions (English & Spanish)

    Free Forms: The Child's Name Change packet includes forms and an explanation of who may request a name change of a child and how it is done. Instrucciones para el cambio de nombre acordado de un menor Read More

    Travis County Law Library
    Read this in:
    Spanish / Español
  • Texas Kincare Primer

    This primer provides information to families, headed by a relative who are not involved with CPS, about their rights and responsibilities. Read More

    Texas Legal Services Center
  • Serving the Document and the Certificate of Service PDF

    If the other party in your case has filed an answer or appeared in court, and you need to file more documents in your case, you will need to give the other party a copy of the documents, or serve the documents. Read this to learn how to serve the document. Content Detail

    Partnership for Legal Access