Texas Free Legal Forms, Law, Pro Bono Help Finder, and Resources

Free Forms

Legal Resources

This section contains forms you may be able to use for common family law issues such as divorce, modification, and more.

  • Divorce With Children in Texas SET B

    TexasLawHelp Divorce Form SET B (children together) Use these forms if: ●you and your spouse have children who are under 18 or still in high school and ●there are no court orders regarding the children. Note: If you have a family violence protective order that includes orders regarding the children, you should still use SET B. Attach a copy of the protective order to your Original Petition for Divorce. Read More

    Read this in:
    Spanish / Español
  • Interactive Online Forms - Easy to Understand and Use.

    Click this link for FREE INTERACTIVE forms including forms for Uncontested Divorce WITH AND WITHOUT CHILDREN. You answer questions, and once the interview is complete, a legal document will be generated, which you may print off. This service is completely free. These interviews guide you through filling out the forms in a step by step format with built in explanations to questions you might have. Use them today. Read More

  • Establishing Paternity Start Here

    FAQs, Instructions and Do-It-Yourself Forms Frequently Asked Questions about Texas Paternity Law. How paternity is established by presumption, voluntary acknowledgment and court order. Do-it-yourself forms that may be used to ask for a court order establishing paternity of a child. Read More

  • Divorce Without Children in Texas SET A

    TexasLawHelp Divorce Form SET A (no children together) Use these forms if you and your spouse do not have children who are under 18 or still in high school. Read More

    Read this in:
    Spanish / Español
  • Modification Kit

    Here you will find all of the documents needed to modify your child support and custody orders. Please note that these forms can only be used when the modification is uncontested. Read More

    Read this in:
    Spanish / Español
  • Posting Kit

    If you are unable to locate your spouse, and you and your spouse have no significant property, minor children, or disabled children in need of child support, then these forms can help your gice your spouse legal notice. Read More

    Read this in:
    Spanish / Español
  • Annulment Forms

    Documents needed to file for an annulment in Texas. Make sure to read the laws about Annulment before filing, also available by clicking this link. Read More

    Read this in:
    Spanish / Español
  • Default Judgment

    These forms explain what you need to do to get a final judgment when the other party will not respond to the lawsuit or appear in court. This kit includes instructions and explanations about what you must do, a checklist for the forms you need, and the actual forms you can use. Read More

  • General Affidavit (free form) PDF

    A General Affidavit is a written statement, sworn to be true, giving specific reasons to support the things you are asking a judge to do. It is required when you ask the court for "extraordinary" or extra special relief like removing someone from a home or protecting children from an abusive parent These forms have instructions on how to complete the affidavit and a blank affidavit form. Content Detail

  • Motion to Set Hearing - SAPCR PDF

    Some courts require the the petitioner to submit a motion in order to get a hearing date. Use these forms if your particular court requires a "motion to set" and "order setting hearing." Some courts only ask that you contact the other parent (the respondent) and come to an agreement as to the date and time of the hearing, and no extra form is necessary. Content Detail

  • Serving the Document and the Certificate of Service PDF

    If the other party in your case has filed an answer or appeared in court, and you need to file more documents in your case, you will need to give the other party a copy of the documents, or serve the documents. Read this to learn how to serve the document. Content Detail

  • Adult Name Change Forms and Instructions in English and Spanish

    Read this step by step brochure if you are changing the name of an adult in Texas. Read More

    Read this in:
    Spanish / Español
  • Correcting a Clerical Mistake in a Judgment (Nunc Pro Tunc)

    Use these forms to fix a mistake, when the order that the judge has signed is incorrect. Read More

  • DWOP (free forms)

    Is your case about to be dismissed ("DWOP"ed) because you have taken no action? Use these forms to ask the Court to keep your case on the docket. Read More

  • Interactive Protective Order Kit

    Click the following link to use an interactive program that will help you, step by step, fill out the forms required to obtain a protective order in Texas. Read More