Utilities - Gas, Electric, Phone, Water

Legal Resources

This section provides guides and publications on issues involving public utitlies whether it be gas, electric, water, or telephone issues.

  • If You Have A Complaint with Your Utility Company

    Having a problem with your electric or telephone service can be frustrating and time consuming. The Public Utility Commission wants to help you through the complaint process to have the problem corrected as soon as possible. The PUC is your source for help and information about electric and telecommunications services in Texas. The Commission has jurisdiction over all local telephone service providers and investor- owned electric utilities. If you have a question or complaint about your electric or local telecommunications provider, the Public Utility Commission of Texas can help. Content Detail

  • Stop Phone Slamming

    Content Detail

    National Consumer Law Center
    Read this in:
    Spanish / Español
  • TDHCA Weatherization Assistance Program

    Provides low-income Texans with services to weatherize their homes to help save electricity. Visit this website to find a weatherization provider in your area, who can give you more information and tell you whether you qualify for services. Content Detail

    Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs
  • Tenants Rights and Utilities

    Click here for information on utilities for tenants. Read More

    Texas Tenants Advisor
  • Help for Domestic Violence Victims: Waiver of Utility Deposits

    If you have been a victim of family violence, you may be able to waive the deposits that are usually required to set up gas, electricity and telephone service in a new residence. Read More

    Texas Council on Family Violence